- Neuralink and the future of knowledge work – Ness Labs
Speculation on how developments in Neuralink would affect work.
- Epistemic Learned Helplessness – Slate Star Codex
Do you feel frustrated when you provide someone with a logical argument but they refuse to accept the conclusion? That’s probably a good thing.
- Facebook, Libra, and the Long Game – Stratechery
Ben Thompson on why Libra is a winning move from Facebook.
- The Tragedy of Wiio’s Law – Venkatesh Rao
Wiio’s Law: communication usually fails, except by accident.
- Shopify and the Power of Platforms – Stratechery
Why platforms (Shopify) and aggregators (Amazon) are competitors and Walmart is losing.
- Before ‘Old Town Road,’ Lil Nas X Was a Tweetdecker – NYMag
How Lil Nas X memed his way to the top.
- Fair but not so Lovely: India’s obsession with skin whitening – Neha Dixit
A great essay on India’s unhealthy obsession with skin color and its underlying sociological issues.
- Conductor Social Networks – Cody Brown
The unbundling of media platforms and rise of people centric social networks.
- Let Christopher Alexander design your life – Alexandra Lange
This is a superb review of the book A Pattern Language and its application in daily life.
- Notes from Peter Thiel’s speech at the National Conservatism conference on July 14, 2019 – Bonnie Kavoussi
This is a great highlight reel of Peter Thiel’s speech. Listen to his interview on Eric Weinstein as well to complement this article.