- You and Your Research – Dr. Richard W. Hamming
A classic that I only recently came across. Talks about how to do good research but is more broadly applicable.
- We Are All Architects Now – Venkatesh Rao
Architects and engineering mid life crashes.
- Swings are Free – How It Actually Works
The Lambda squad on taking swings.
- On How to be Discovered – Steve Cheney
Writing online is the best way to be discovered.
- Constructions in Magical Thinking – Venkatesh Rao
Ribbonfarm is moving towards a new phase; vgr explains.
- A Big Little Idea Called Legibility – Venkatesh Rao
One of the most important essays I’ve read on the idea of legibility.
- Does Culture Eat Strategy for Lunch? – Venkatesh Rao
Vgr on culture and strategy.
- Amazon gets an edge with its secret squad of PhD economists – CNN
Economists at Amazon.