- Exploring Cognitive Engagement in Amazon’s Six Page Narratives – Matthew Tippett
System 2 thinking (in Kanheman taxonomy) as a design feature when writing memos.
- The Asian century is set to begin – Financial Times
Some data viz that demonstrates the shifting of polarity in geopolitics.
- My Unconventional Path to Building the Future of Supply Chain – Shastri Mahadeo
The story of how Union Crate, a supply chain startup came to be.
- Lessons from Stripe – Mark McGranaghan
Mark reflects on his three years at Stripe and how they’ve built a distinctive culture based on optimism and ambition.
- How Amazon Adapted Its Business Model to India – HBR
“When Amazon decided to enter the Indian e-commerce market, it was clear from the outset that something would have to give. That something was the very business model that had made Amazon an internet powerhouse in the U.S.”
A glimpse into Amazon’s strategy in India.
- What Is Signaling? – Robin Hanson
What counts as signalling and what doesn’t?
“More generally I call a message “signaling” if it has these features:
It is not sent mainly via the literal meanings of words said.
It is not easily or soon verifiable.
It is mainly about the senders’ personal features, perhaps via association with groups.
It is about sender “quality” dimensions where more is better, so senders want others to believe quality is as high as possible, while others want to assess more accurately. Such qualities are not just unitary, but can include degrees of loyalty to particular allies.”
- Cellular Automata (The Nature of Code) – Daniel Shiffman
A long, introductory read on cellular automata.
- Life Capital – Erik Torenberg
A Deep Dive into the Past, Present, & Future of Income Share Agreements
- Why Amazon Has No Profits (And Why It Works) – Benedict Evans
Breaking down Amazon’s capital allocation strategy and growth plans.
- The Velocity of Ideas and the Information Economy – Steve Cheney
Steve explains why an abundance of information leads to poor discovery.